Last week, Master Travellr reported on Marriott International’s branding plans to unify Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and Ritz-Carlton Rewards come February under the Bonvoy moniker.
Now, the hotel chain has released details on Bonvoy’s rollout with co-branded credit cards with Chase and American Express.
Both cards will get the Bonvoy treatment, with Starwood’s American Express portfolio seeing the biggest change—its colour palette. These changes will be rolled out in February, and existing cardholders to get replacements in the mail later in the year.
- Starwood Preferred Guest Card from American Express will become Marriott Bonvoy Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest Luxury Card from American Express will become Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card from American Express (United States)
- Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card from American Express will become Marriott Bonvoy Business Card from American Express
- Marriott Rewards Premium Plus Visa Signature from Chase will become Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa Signature from Chase
- Marriott Rewards Premium Plus Business Visa Signature from Chase will become Marriott Bonvoy Business Visa Signature from Chase
Notably, the Starwood Preferred Guest Card from American Express to become the Marriott Bonvoy Card from American Express, will be cut off from new applications in mid-February, though the program will continue for existing cardholders. This means come March, your only option will be the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant and Business cards.
You will still be able to apply for an entry-level Visa card via Chase.