Canada’s beloved coffee house is revamping its rewards program it launched earlier in 2019.
Tims Rewards is evolving to a new points-based structure, similar to the likes of American competitor, Starbucks.
Effective Feb. 26, 2020, customers will earn 10 points for every eligible purchase, accumulated to your existing Tims Rewards profile. Previously, seven purchases could be redeemed for a brewed coffee, tea, bagel, donuts or baked goods.
The expanded points structures gives users the ability to redeem the same amount of purchases for the current rewards items, use fewer points for items like hash browns and cookies, or bank more for breakfast sandwiches and lunch items.
New points redemption structure:
- 50 points: hash browns, classic donuts, specialty donuts, cookies
- 70 points: brewed coffee, tea, Dream Donuts, bagels and baked goods
- 100 points: hot chocolate, French vanilla, iced coffee, wedges
- 140 points: Classic Iced Capp, frozen beverages, espresso drinks, box of 10 Timbits, yogurt, oatmeal
- 180 points: breakfast sandwiches, soups
- 220 points: BELT, farmers breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, chili
For a limited period, members will receive double the points for eligible purchases between Feb. 26 and March 18.
Source: Tim Hortons